Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes Over Time Learning
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Today is D.B. Cooper Day and National Jukebox Day.
November is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month, National Family Literacy Month, National Novel Writing Month, Picture Book Month, Native American Heritage Month, Manatee Awareness Month, and Historic Bridge Awareness Month.
Native American Heritage Month Resource - Library of Congress: Native American Heritage Month Resources
On This Date
Songs of the Day
Today's Theme: Evolution
ON THIS DATE
SONGS OF THE DAY
- Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag - LISTEN
- David Bowie - Changes - LISTEN
- Grades K-12 - National Science Teachers Association - Evolution Resources - EXPLORE
- Grades 3-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolution of Camouflage (0:58) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LarningMedia - Nova - Evolution 101 (4:57) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LarningMedia - Nova - DNA Spells Evolution (3:13) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LarningMedia - Nova - Evolution Lab Game - DO
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Isn't Evolution Just a Theory? (5:53) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Genius by Stephen Hawking - Evolution (10:24) -VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Genius by Stephen Hawking - What Are We? (10:30) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LearningMedia - NOVA: Australia's First Four Billion Years - The Evolution of Kangaroos (3:43) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolution - Chimps and Bonobos (3:49) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - It's Okay to Be Smart - Evolution FAILS in the Human Body (11:53) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - It's Okay to Be Smart - How Evolution Made COVID-19 Our Perfect Enemy (2:13) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - PBS LearningMedia - It's Okay to Be Smart - 12 Days of Evolution Series - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - It's Okay to Be Smart - How Evolution Turned A Possum Into A Wolf (7:01) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - It's Okay to Be Smart - Why the Heck Are We Ticklish? (9:52) - VIEW
- Grades 7-12 - NHPBS Video - Eons - How Evolution Works (And How We Figured It Out) (12:09) - VIEW
- Grades 7-12 - NHPBS Video - Eons - The Evolution of the Heart (A Love Story) (9:00) - VIEW
- Grades 7-12 - Next Generation Science Standards - Evolution and Natural Selection Lesson Plans - DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Crash Course Biology - Evolution (11:43) - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolution of the Eye (4:08) - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolving Ideas: Why Does Evolution Matter Now? (6:16) - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolving Ideas: How Do We Know Evolution Happens? (6:58) - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolving Ideas: How Does Evolution Really Work? (6:34) - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolving Ideas: Who Was Charles Darwin? (6:31) - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Evolving Ideas: Did Humans Evolve? (5:28) - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 9-12 - Professional Development - PBS LearningMedia -Teaching Evolution Case Studies: Marilyn Havlik (13:59) - READ and VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - Professional Development - PBS LearningMedia -Teaching Evolution Case Studies: Bonnie Chen (14:02) - READ and VIEW
NHPBS - 11.1 Comcast (802) Live Stream More Options
NHPBS EXPLORE - 11.2 Comcast (801) More Options
NH WORLD - 11.3 Comcast (965) More Options
NH KIDS - 11.5 Schedule Live Stream More Options
National Remote Learning Resources
NHPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators. You can also create your own lessons and assignments to meet the needs of your students.
Searchable online video courses and interactives across the curriculum and grade levels in areas like chemistry, literature, music, the visual arts, social studies, world languages storytelling, spelling and lots more.
Everyday Scholastic will feature four learning experiences, built around a story or video.
A series of imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
Local Learning Resources
The best of NH learning resources from around the state.
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
New Hampshire Public Radio:
- Civics 101 - Tons of great (and free!) audio, activities, resources, and lessons to help you stay engaged with civics.
- Ask Sam - Ask Sam features Outside/In host Sam Evans-Brown answering listener questions about the mysteries and quirks of the natural world.
Seacoast Science Center in Odiorne Point State Park
- Learning Connection - Even though their doors are closed, we’re still here to connect you to the inspirational powers of nature and engage you in learning.
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Online Learning - Virtual Tours, the Virtual Classroom, artifacts of the week, featured items from the Collections, Horticulture Learning Center materials, and more.
Tiger Takes On
PBS Kids for Teachers/Caregivers/Parents
- PBS for Parents
A guide of PBS resources targeted for parents teaching kids, features a great activity finder
- PBS Education
The greatest teachers ignite a love of learning and a sense of possibility that motivates students to reach their full potential.
- PBS Teachers' Lounge
This site has great teaching tips, ideas, resources and support for teachers.
- PBS KIDS Games app
Offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere.