Enter today and you could win $5,000!
Terms & Conditions
New Hampshire Public Broadcasting (“NHPBS”), the sponsor of this raffle, is offering the opportunity to become eligible for a drawing to win multiple cash prizes, including a $5,000 cash grand prize. All raffle proceeds support New Hampshire PBS (“NHPBS”), a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, developed to support NHPBS’ mission, noncommercial programming, and community outreach activities. Funds raised go to the programs seen on NHPBS plus the non-broadcast, educational, outreach, telecommunications, and internet initiatives that touch the lives of tens of thousands of Granite Staters annually. The 2022 NHPBS Cold Hard Cash Raffle features 38 prizes. Raffle ticket sales are open from 12:01am, January 3, 2022 through 9:00am, February 28, 2022 and limited to 1,000 tickets. In addition to the great prizes and odds of winning, the purchase of two or more NHPBS Cold Hard Cash raffle tickets comes with one-year membership to NHPBS and access to NHPBS Passport upon request of the purchaser.
- Grand Prize = one (1) $5,000 cash prize– drawing on Monday, February 28, 2022 @ noon
- 2nd Prizes = two (2) $500 cash prizes – drawing on Monday, February 28, 2022 @ noon
- 3rd Prizes = five (5) $100 cash prizes – drawing on Monday, February 28, 2022 @ noon
- Early Bird Prizes = $1,500 awarded as:
- Ten (10) $50 cash prizes – drawing on Friday, January 14, 2022 @ noon
- Ten (10) $50 cash prizes – drawing on Friday, January 28, 2022 @ noon
- Ten (10) $50 cash prizes – drawing on Friday, February 11, 2022 @ noon
How to Enter
Tickets can be purchased for $30 each. Each eligible entry will be assigned a unique, sequential, numbered physical ticket. Ticket sales are limited to 1,000 tickets. Enter the 2022 NHPBS Cold Hard Cash Raffle in any of the following ways:
- Online: Tickets can be purchased online at nhpbs.org/raffle. Purchaser must provide a valid e-mail address, full legal name, phone and physical mailing address. Payment confirmation is provided electronically at the time of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation via e-mail, first check your spam folder. If not there, please contact the NHPBS Special Events Manager at email@example.com or 603-868-4431.
- Phone: Tickets can be purchased by phone at 603-868-1100. Payment confirmation is emailed at the time of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation via e-mail, first check your spam folder. If not there, please contact the NHPBS Special Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-868-4431. Physical tickets in the drawing are not sent to the purchaser, but held securely at NHPBS.
- Mail: Tickets can be purchased by mailing a check, payable to New Hampshire PBS, for $30 per ticket. Indicate the number of tickets you are requesting and include your full legal name, physical mailing address, contact phone and email address. Mail entries must be mailed to New Hampshire PBS, ATTN: NHPBS Raffle /Suzanne Mello, 268 Mast Road, Durham, NH 03824 and must be received by noon, Friday, February 25, 2022 to be included in the final prize drawings.
- In Person: Tickets can be purchased in person from an NHPBS raffle representative? unless Covid-19 restrictions preclude having NHPBS open to the public. In person purchase opportunities are limited to specific NHPBS events and at the discretion of the NHPBS raffle representative. Payment must be made at the time of purchase. Payment confirmation is emailed at the time of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation via e-mail, first check your spam folder. If not there, please contact the NHPBS Special Events Manager at email@example.com or 603-868-4431.
? NHPBS raffle representatives will be determined by NHPBS’ Special Events and Community Engagement Department. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-868-4431.
- Raffle is only open to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older in any state allowing raffles.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any person who resides in any area where this drawing, a game of chance, would otherwise be prohibited by law is not eligible to participate.
- No NHPBS employees or direct family members (defined as spouses, parents, children or other family members that reside with the employee) are eligible to participate.
- No person engaged in the marketing, development, production or distribution of raffle materials or prize supply for this drawing is eligible to participate.
- A prize may be forfeited if selected entrant(s): (a) cannot be reached; (b) fails to provide all signatures on the release and other documents and/or to return required documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Terms & Conditions; or (c) cannot accept or receive prize for any reason.
- Any or all entries will be disqualified at the sole discretion of NHPBS if purchaser attempts: (a) to enter the raffle through any means other than as described in these Terms & Conditions; or (b) to disrupt the raffle, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Terms & Conditions, or in any way tamper with the raffle. If either of the above occurs, NHPBS has the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention, and to seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Early Bird Prize Drawings
- Winners need not be present to win.
- Early bird prize winners will be randomly drawn by an NHPBS representative picking physical tickets from a raffle drum validated before final assignment as the prize winner.
- All raffle tickets purchased by 9am the day of each early bird drawing are eligible to be entered in applicable early bird drawings. Once a ticket has been drawn to win an early bird prize, it is returned to the ticket drum and is eligible to win subsequent early bird prizes as well as final prizes.
- Early bird prize drawings will be held at 12:00pm on the following dates for the prizes listed above (see Prizes on page 1): January 14, 2022, January 29, 2022 and February 11, 2022.
- Early bird prizes are awarded regardless of the number of tickets sold.
Final Prize Drawings
- Winners need not be present to win.
- Final prize winners will be randomly drawn by an NHPBS representative picking physical tickets from a raffle drum validated before final assignment as the prize winner. Every eligible ticket number will be included in the raffle prior to drawing.
- All raffle tickets purchased by 9:00 am on Monday, February 28, 2022 will be eligible for the final drawings. Once a ticket has been drawn to win a final prize, it is returned to the ticket drum and is eligible to win subsequent final prizes.
- Final prize drawings will take place at NHPBS February 28, 2022 at 12:00 pm.
- If 416 or fewer tickets are sold by 9:00am February 28, 2022, the raffle reverts to a 50/50 raffle, with 50% of the net profits (gross proceeds less expenses and the cost of early bird prizes) awarded to the 3rd, 2nd and grand prize winners, divided and paid as follows: grand prize winner gets 77.5%, second prize winners each get 7.5% and third prize winners each get 1.5%. The remaining 50% of net profits is retained by NHPBS.
- Upon the 417th ticket sold, the raffle winners chosen will receive, subject to these Terms & Conditions, the full amount of the advertised final prizes.
Winner Notifications & Awarding of Prizes
- All winners will be notified, based on the information provided at ticket purchase, by email or telephone within 72 hours of prize drawings. If email or phone contacts are not successful within 10 days, contact will be attempted using U.S. certified mail, return receipt requested.
- Winners will only be announced by ticket number, first name, last initial and city of residence. Winner will be verified by matching ticket number with information provided in the records.
- Failure of the raffle winner to respond within 20 business days of the raffle drawing date will constitute a forfeiture of the prize, and no substitute winner will be selected.
- NHPBS is not responsible for any delays or obstacles in notification due to (a) erroneous contact information; (b) any outage or delay in Internet service or access; or (c) any other circumstances which may delay or prevent a winner from receiving the prize notifications.
- Except as stated herein, there shall be no substitution allowed for the listed prizes by a winner. A prize winner, however, may transfer the right to claim the prize.
- All federal, state and local taxes associated with receipt or use of prizes, including, without limitation, all applicable sales, use, luxury, income and special taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- NHPBS will estimate, deduct and submit federal and state withholding taxes to the IRS from the proceeds awarded to the grand prize winner, based on amount. The grand prize winner will be required to provide proof of identity, sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability, acceptance of conditions, publicity releases ("Release"), and complete IRS Forms W-2G, W-9 and any other forms required by law.
- NHPBS will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the raffle prizes as described in these Terms & Conditions to the winners within 60 days of each prize drawing.
- NHPBS shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the raffle.
- Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for NHPBS and/or their designees to use the winner's name, location, photograph, testimonial or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the winner to the extent permitted by law.
- All sales are final unless otherwise specified in these Terms & Conditions. No raffle ticket refunds will be made. All entries become the property of NHPBS and will not be returned.
- The cost of raffle tickets is not deductible as a charitable contribution. The IRS considers a raffle ticket to be a contribution from which you benefit.
- NHPBS cannot give advice regarding income tax consequences or deductibility with respect to the raffle ticket purchases or the raffle winner. Please consult your tax professional.
- NHPBS is not responsible for printing errors in any drawing-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected, or nondelivered mail, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
- NHPBS is not responsible for error, omission, interruptions, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for malfunctions of any kind, or inaccuracies or failure to receive entry information or any combination thereof. NHPBS is not responsible for any entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete or altered.
- Raffle shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
- These Official Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
- By participating in the raffle, you agree to hold New Hampshire Public Broadcasting and its directors, officers, employees and agents, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the raffle, including from your winning or use of any prize.
- The depiction of the prize(s) in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize(s) awarded or delivered to the winner. However, every effort is being made to award the exact prizes displayed at events, in raffle promotions and on the raffle website.
- NHPBS makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, about the raffle or the prizes awarded.
- NHPBS reserves the right to cancel the raffle for any reason.
- NHPBS shall make all decisions related to the raffle in its sole discretion. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Terms & Conditions and the decisions of NHPBS and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the raffle operation or Official Terms & Conditions.
- NHPBS’ mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities through the power of media. NHPBS strives to educate, entertain, and enlighten the people of New Hampshire and beyond through creative programs and
services of the highest quality delivered through traditional public broadcasting and new multimedia technologies. NHPBS’ commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and values is essential to this mission.
- All raffle proceeds benefit New Hampshire Public Broadcasting, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. EIN #94-3443883.
- Raffle Permit issued by the Durham, NH Police Department and Durham, NH Town Manager.
- NHPBS is located at 268 Mast Road, Durham, NH 03824.
- For more information and details, please email email@example.com or call 603-868-4431.