More Perfect Learning
Sunday, September 17, 2023
Today is Batman Day, Citizenship Day, Constitution Day, International Coastal Cleanup Day, International Red Panda Day, and Country Music Day.
Hispanic/Latino Resource of the Day: Latino Americans: War and Peace - Episode 3
Classical Music Resource of the Day: Great Performances: Breaking Down Classical Indian Music: Raga and Tala
Songs of the Day
Today's Theme: The U.S. Constitution
ON THIS DATE
SONGS OF THE DAY
- Schoolhouse Rock - The Constitution - LISTEN
- Billy Joel - The Ballad of Billy the Kid - LISTEN
- Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - LISTEN
THEME: THE CONSTITUTION
- Grades 3-5 - Liberty's Kids - We the People (23:09) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - National Archives - The U.S. Constitution Transcription - READ
- Grades 6-12 - National Constitution Center - Interactive Constitution - READ and EXPLORE
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Constitution USA: A More Perfect Union Collection- VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 8-12 - NHPBS Video - Constitution USA - A More Perfect Union (53:10) -VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Constitution USA: It's a Free Country Collection - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 8-12 - NHPBS Video - Constitution USA - It's a Free Country (53:10) -VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Constitution USA: Created Equal Collection - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Teaching the Constitution Collection - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 8-12 - NHPBS Video - Constitution USA - Created Equal (53:11) - VIEW
- Grades 8-12 - NHPBS Video - Constitution USA - Built to Last (52:40) - VIEW
- Grades 7-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - America From Scratch Should We Rewrite Our Constitution? (7:40) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Regents Review - The Constitution (5:14) - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Crash Course History - Separation of Powers (8:30) - VIEW
- Grades 9-12+ - Annenberg Learner - The Constitution: That Delicate Balance (13-part Series) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 9-12+ - Annenberg Learner - Democracy in America (15-part Series) - VIEW and DO
- Grades Professional Development - NHPBS LearningMedia - Making Civics Real - Constitutional Convention Workshop (58:20) - VIEW
- Grades Professional Development - Annenberg Learner - Making Civics Real: A Workshop for Teachers (8-part Series) - VIEW and DO
More Learning Resources
Looking for some super cool crafts to do with your kids? Or maybe you need some expert parenting resources to help raise your child? You can find it all right here:
NHPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators. You can also create your own lessons and assignments to meet the needs of your students.
Searchable online video courses and interactives across the curriculum and grade levels in areas like chemistry, literature, music, the visual arts, social studies, world languages storytelling, spelling and lots more.
Everyday Scholastic will feature four learning experiences, built around a story or video.
A series of imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
Local Learning Resources
The best of NH learning resources from around the state.
Cheshire County Historical Society
New Hampshire Public Radio:
- Civics 101 - Tons of great (and free!) audio, activities, resources, and lessons to help you stay engaged with civics.
- Ask Sam - Ask Sam features Outside/In host Sam Evans-Brown answering listener questions about the mysteries and quirks of the natural world.
Seacoast Science Center in Odiorne Point State Park
- Learning Connection - Even though their doors are closed, we’re still here to connect you to the inspirational powers of nature and engage you in learning.
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
- A resource to keep you connected to nature - Enjoy nature at home with these online learning experiences brought to you by the Science Center’s Naturalists.
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Online Learning - Virtual Tours, the Virtual Classroom, artifacts of the week, featured items from the Collections, Horticulture Learning Center materials, and more.
Tiger Takes On
PBS Kids for Teachers/Caregivers/Parents
- PBS for Parents
A guide of PBS resources targeted for parents teaching kids, features a great activity finder
- PBS Education
The greatest teachers ignite a love of learning and a sense of possibility that motivates students to reach their full potential.
- PBS Teachers' Lounge
This site has great teaching tips, ideas, resources and support for teachers.
- PBS KIDS Games app
Offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere.