All Kinds of Learning
Saturday, June 25, 2022
Today is National Strawberry Parfait Day, National Catfish Day, Day of The Seafarer, Global Beatles Day, International Ragweed Day, and National Catfish Day.
June is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month; National Oceans Month; National Rivers Month; and National Caribbean-American Heritage Month
Songs of the Day
Today's Theme: Boats, the Korean War, George Orwell, and Anne Frank
ON THIS DATE
SONGS OF THE DAY
- Beatles - All You Need Is Love - LISTEN
- Prince - Purple Rain - LISTEN
- David Bowie - 1984 - LISTEN
- Grades PreK-K - NHPBS LearningMedia - Sesame Street - Murray Experiment: Boat (2:40) - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1- Sesame Street - Explore a Fishing Boat (3:34) - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Sesame Street - The New Row Row Row Your Boat Song (4:27) - VIEW
- Grades PreK -NHPBS LearningMedia - Peep and the Big Wide World - Making Boats (1:27) - VIEW and DO
- Grades K-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Fetch - Funny Boat (5:06) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 3-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Design Squad Nation - How Is Force Used to Steer a Boat? (1:08) - VIEW
- Grades 4-6 - NHPBS LearningMedia - DragonflyTV - Milk Carton Boat (6:47) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Nova - Making Boats Fly (Available in Spanish) (4:14) - VIEW, READ, and DO
- Grades 4-12 - National Park Service - Korean War Veterans Memorial - READ and VIEW
- Grades 5-12 - NHPBS Video - American Maters -Ted Williams in the Korean War (1:25) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - We'll Meet Again - Korean War Brothers in Arms (55:00) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Korean War Media Gallery - VIEW and READ
- Grades 7-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Korea: The Never-Ending War Collection - VIEW, READ, and DO
- Grades 6-12 -NHPBS LearningMedia - Great American Read - 1984 (4:51) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 7-12 - NY Times - Teaching Orwell and ’1984’ With The New York Times - VIEW, READ, and DO
- Grade 9-12 - EDSITEment - Animal Farm: Allegory and the Art of Persuasion - READ and DO
- Grades 5-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Character Change: The Diary of Anne Frank - Inspiring Middle School Literacy - DO
- Grades 5-12 - NHPBS Video - Freedom Writers Discuss Anne Frank’s Diary (3:06) - VIEW
- Grades 5-12 - NHPBS Video - Dialogue - Honoring Anne Frank (28:54) - VIEW
- Grades 7-12 - NHPBS VIdeo - Anne Frank Remembered (28:52) - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Masterpiece - The Diary of Anne Frank 1: A Difficult Situation (1:21) - READ, VIEW, DO
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Masterpiece -The Diary of Anne Frank 2: Annes Birthday (1:32) - READ, VIEW, DO
- Grades 9-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Masterpiece -The Diary of Anne Frank 3: The Suffering of Millions (1:53) - READ, VIEW, DO
- Grades 5-12 - PBS LearningMedia - Masterpiece -The Diary of Anne Frank - Life in Hiding Media Gallery - READ, VIEW, DO
National Remote Learning Resources
NHPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators. You can also create your own lessons and assignments to meet the needs of your students.
Searchable online video courses and interactives across the curriculum and grade levels in areas like chemistry, literature, music, the visual arts, social studies, world languages storytelling, spelling and lots more.
Everyday Scholastic will feature four learning experiences, built around a story or video.
A series of imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
Local Learning Resources
The best of NH learning resources from around the state.
Cheshire County Historical Society
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
New Hampshire Public Radio:
- Civics 101 - Tons of great (and free!) audio, activities, resources, and lessons to help you stay engaged with civics.
- Ask Sam - Ask Sam features Outside/In host Sam Evans-Brown answering listener questions about the mysteries and quirks of the natural world.
Seacoast Science Center in Odiorne Point State Park
- Learning Connection - Even though their doors are closed, we’re still here to connect you to the inspirational powers of nature and engage you in learning.
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
- A resource to keep you connected to nature - Enjoy nature at home with these online learning experiences brought to you by the Science Center’s Naturalists.
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Online Learning - Virtual Tours, the Virtual Classroom, artifacts of the week, featured items from the Collections, Horticulture Learning Center materials, and more.
Tiger Takes On
PBS Kids for Teachers/Caregivers/Parents
- PBS for Parents
A guide of PBS resources targeted for parents teaching kids, features a great activity finder
- PBS Education
The greatest teachers ignite a love of learning and a sense of possibility that motivates students to reach their full potential.
- PBS Teachers' Lounge
This site has great teaching tips, ideas, resources and support for teachers.
- PBS KIDS Games app
Offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere.