Fintastic Friday Learning
Friday, May 13, 2022
Today is Friday the 13th, Fintastic Friday: Giving Sharks A Voice, Blame Someone Else Day, National Apple Pie Day, National Fruit Cocktail Day, and, National Leprechaun Day.
May is Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Songs of the Day
Today's Theme: Friday the 13th and Sharks
ON THIS DATE
SONG OF THE DAY
- Ritchie Valens - La Bamba - LISTEN
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour - LISTEN
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition - LISTEN
- The Pajama Game - Steam Heat - LISTEN
THEME: Friday the 13th
- Grades PreK-1 - Peg + Cat - Friday the 13th (1:19) - VIEW
- Grades 5-12 - PBS NewsHour - It's Friday the 13th - READ
- Grades PreK-1 - Sesame Street - Cookie Shark (2:17) - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Sesame Studios - Marvie Learns about Sharks (2:56) - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Splash and Bubbles - Great White Shark (1:56) - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Splash and Bubbles - Get Your Feet Wet: Whale Shark (1:30) - VIEW
- Grades K-4 - NHPBS LearningMedia- Camp TV - Sharks (7:55) - VIEW
- Grades K-12 - Monterey Bay Aquarium - Shark Cam - VIEW
- Grades 1-5 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Kratts Creatures - The Tiger Shark (3;03) - VIEW
- Grades 1-5 - Wild Kratts - Stuck on Sharks (26:48) - VIEW
- Grades 1-5 - Wild Kratts - Sharks - Predator and Prey (21:34) - VIEW
- Grades 1-5 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Wild Kratts - Stuck on Sharks Clips - VIEW
- Grades 4-6 - NHPBS LearningMedia- Dragonfly TV - Scientist Profile: Shark Scientist (Available in Spanish) (2:39) - VIEW
- Grades 4-12 - NHPBS Wildlife Journal Junior - Chondrichthyes - Rays, Sharks, Skates, Chimaeras - READ
- Grades 4-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - NOAA - Researching Great White Sharks (1:26) - VIEW
- Grades 5-10 - NHPBS LearningMedia - EARTH: A New Wild - Sharks & Shorelines (Available in Spanish) (3:56) - VIEW
- Grades 5-12 - NOAA - Shark Conservation - READ
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Shark Biology (10:05) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - The Mysterious Hammerhead (9:29) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - The Shark and the Lamprey (11:01) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - The Shark and the Whale (9:07) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Blue Shark Adventure (9:41) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - The Shark with the Tall Tail (9:39) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS Video - Autumn Watch New England - Great White Sharks (4:19) - VIEW
- Grades 6-8 - NHPBS Video - Magical Land of Oz - Dusky Sharks Congregate to Feed (2:59) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Ocean Today - Endangered Sharks (2:15) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - QUEST- Whale Sharks (3:15) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - QUEST- The Great White Shark (1:26) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Nature - The Secret World of Sharks and Rays: Shark and Turtle (2:41) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Nature - The Secret World of Sharks and Rays: Shark in Our Future (1:41) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Nature - Collapse of Sharks (3:05) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Shark Tagging (7:30) - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - Nature - Sharks of Hawaii (53:27) - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - Eons - Why Megalodon (Definitely) Went Extinct (10:45) - VIEW
- Grades 8-12 - NHPBS Video - Gross Science - Why Most Sand Tiger Sharks Die in the Womb (2:23) - VIEW
National Remote Learning Resources
NHPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators. You can also create your own lessons and assignments to meet the needs of your students.
Searchable online video courses and interactives across the curriculum and grade levels in areas like chemistry, literature, music, the visual arts, social studies, world languages storytelling, spelling and lots more.
Everyday Scholastic will feature four learning experiences, built around a story or video.
A series of imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
Local Learning Resources
The best of NH learning resources from around the state.
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
New Hampshire Public Radio:
- Civics 101 - Tons of great (and free!) audio, activities, resources, and lessons to help you stay engaged with civics.
- Ask Sam - Ask Sam features Outside/In host Sam Evans-Brown answering listener questions about the mysteries and quirks of the natural world.
Seacoast Science Center in Odiorne Point State Park
- Learning Connection - Even though their doors are closed, we’re still here to connect you to the inspirational powers of nature and engage you in learning.
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Online Learning - Virtual Tours, the Virtual Classroom, artifacts of the week, featured items from the Collections, Horticulture Learning Center materials, and more.
Tiger Takes On
PBS Kids for Teachers/Caregivers/Parents
- PBS for Parents
A guide of PBS resources targeted for parents teaching kids, features a great activity finder
- PBS Education
The greatest teachers ignite a love of learning and a sense of possibility that motivates students to reach their full potential.
- PBS Teachers' Lounge
This site has great teaching tips, ideas, resources and support for teachers.
- PBS KIDS Games app
Offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere.