Full Time - Benefits Eligible
New Hampshire PBS is looking for a full time Social Media & Marketing Specialist that will work within NHPBS’ Communications team. This creative thinker will develop engaging and sharable content across all of NHPBS’ social media channels and email marketing campaigns. Priorities include promoting NHPBS’ local and national programs, spotlighting NHPBS’ community initiatives, educational efforts, fundraising drives and highlighting local online and in person events. The successful candidate for this position will be proactive, deadline driven, organized and enthusiastic. This role actively collaborates with the production, development and communications teams.
NH Public Broadcasting has an opening for a full time Social Media & Marketing Specialist This position will be supporting cross-platform and social media, marketing, email marketing and promotional communications efforts for NH Public Broadcasting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create innovative content that connects readers and viewers to New Hampshire PBS and to their communities.
- Conceptualize, write, produce, edit and manage social media, promotional, development fundraising, engagement content and email marketing content.
- Work independently or with interns on weekly email marketing efforts.
- Strong writing and storytelling capabilities.
- Creative design skills and photography a plus.
- Use best practice techniques to track, monitor, and report on social media and email marketing impact (pre-launch, analytics and post-launch).
- Support Communications team in delivering promotional content across new and emerging platforms.
- Familiar with digital and social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tiktok, Canva.
- Discover engaging story ideas.
- Manage and manipulate digital and video images.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner, works quickly and efficiently
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications, 1-3 years of experience working in social media or marketing fields. We’re looking fo a creative thinker with superior writing skills, including the use of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Attention to detail is a must. The right candidate will have the ability to work on numerous projects under tight deadlines; interact with multiple departments; work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
This position works with a moderate degree of independence, is collaborative and works with minimal instruction on procedures and possible problem areas, routine review of work for overall operational effectiveness by supervisor. This position offers a hybrid work environment, both onsite and remote work is possible however there will be times when you will be required to attend in person meetings and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent written, verbal skills and be versed in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) and the Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign other editing systems; Canva; email marketing platforms (SendGrid), Microsoft Office; competency with both Windows and Mac.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, crouch.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.