The NHPBS KIDS WRITERS CONTEST is open to all kids in grades K-5. Write and illustrate an original story and send it to NHPBS before March 1, 2019!
• Kindergarten and first grade stories must have a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 200 words.
• Second and third grade stories must have a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 350 words.
• Fourth and fifth grade stories must have a minimum of 200 words and a maximum of 500 words.
• Stories must have at least five original, clear and colorful illustrations.
• Original art can include drawings, collages, and 3-D art created by the author or photographs taken by the author.
• Stories submitted by mail must be created on one side of the paper and numbered on the back of each page.
Rules, entry forms, and tips for writing a winning story can all be found right here in the blue box on the KIDS WRITERS CONTEST site!!
If you have any questions about the contest, call (603-868-4455) or email (email@example.com) Susan Adams!
Tinker, tailor, soldier spy â€“ what do you want to be when you grow up?
The KIDS WRITERS CONTEST is a great way to promote writing and integrate the arts. It is aligned to New Hampshire reading, writing, and art standards. Writing activity sheets and a contest guide for parents, caregivers, and teachers are available in the resources section of the contest site.
Are you working on a story for the CONTEST? Are you struggling with writer's block, having a hard time editing, or maybe you are having a hard time getting started. Not to worry, Julianna has some writing tips for you!
The NHPBS KIDS WRITERS CONTEST is open to children in grades K-5. They are asked to write and illustrate an original story. The contest runs from September through March. We encourage schools, classes, and after school programs and clubs to participate as well as home school children. Children may also submit individual entries. Every child who enters the contest will receive a personalized response to his or her story, a ribbon, a certificate of achievement, and their story will be posted to the web.