We are growing!
Full Time - Benefits Eligible
New Hampshire PBS is looking for a full time Promotion Producer/Editor that will work within NHPBS’ Communications team. The successful candidate for this position will be a creative video creator that will fuel NHPBS’ digital, social media and on-air needs. This producer/editor will pitch, develop, write, shoot, edit and distribute platform-specific promotional pieces.
Priorities include promoting NHPBS’ local and national programs, spotlighting NHPBS’ community initiatives, educational efforts, fundraising drives and highlighting local online and in person events. The successful candidate for this position will be proactive, deadline driven, organized and enthusiastic. This role actively collaborates with the production, development, engineering, and communications teams.
NH Public Broadcasting has an opening for a full time Promotion Producer/Editor. This position will be creating cross-platform promotional spots for on-air, social media initiatives and content for NHPBS’ website.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualize, write, shoot and edit promotional spots for local programs, development priorities, events, club initiatives and institutional campaigns that will run across all NHPBS on-air and digital platforms.
- Create innovative content that will connect to NHPBS viewers, subscribers and our general audience.
- Strong writing and storytelling capabilities.
- Creative design skills and photography a must.
- Be the NHPBS brand ambassador for all on-air and digital content.
- Familiar with the Adobe Suite: Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and other social media platforms such as Canva.
- Work with local and national on-air talent and with the possibility to be on-air talent.
- Procure, download, and tag out NHPBS promotional spots from PBS, APT, NETA, BBC and other distributors on a monthly basis.
- Support Communications team in delivering promotional content across new and emerging platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in a timely manner, works efficiently.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of experience editing and production and marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional producing and editing skills.
- Must have strong writing and storytelling skills.
- Strong understanding of design and how it would further the NHPBS brand.
- Videography capabilities a must.
- Organized and able to juggle multiple projects at the same time under tight deadlines.
- Able to interact with multiple departments.
- Works independently and as part of a team.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
This position works with a moderate degree of independence, is collaborative and works with minimal instruction on procedures and possible problem areas; routine review of work for overall operational effectiveness by supervisor. This position offers a hybrid work environment, both onsite and remote work is possible however there will be times when you will be required to attend in person meetings and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent written, shooting and producing skills and be well versed in the Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator and other editing systems. Also familiar with other digital editing systems such as Canva, Microsoft Office; competency with both PC and MacIntosh.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Any of the listed certificates below is preferred: non required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, crouch.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is the policy of New Hampshire Public Broadcasting to provide equal employment opportunity to everyone. NHPB does not discriminate in recruitment, selection and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran's status or marital status. Women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly urged to apply.
If you are interested in an Internship with New Hampshire PBS please complete an internship application.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, New Hampshire Public Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran's status or marital status. Women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly urged to apply. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or call (800)795-3272(voice) or (202)720-6382(TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.