Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright Learning
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Today is National Intern Day, Global Tiger Day, Chicken Wing Day, Lasagna Day, National Chili Dog Day, National Lipstick Day, and Rain Day.
July is National Parks & Recreation Month and National Ice Cream Month.
Songs of the Day
Today's Theme: TIGERS AND KEN BURNS
ON THIS DATE
SONG OF THE DAY
- Survivor - Eye of the Tiger - LISTEN
- Katy Perry - Roar - LISTEN
- Grades PreK-12 - San Diego Zoo - Tiger Cam - VIEW
- Grades PreK-K - NHPBS LearningMedia - Young Explorers - Different Tigers - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Sesame Street - Cookie Monster Tiger Song - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Sesame Street - Benjamin Bratt and Elmo translate for a Tiger - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - PBS Kids - Daniel Tigers Neighborhood - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades K-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Muical Menagerie - Amur Tigers - VIEW and DO
- Grades 3-8 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Camp TV - Three Sumatran Tiger Cubs - VIEW
- Grades 4-12 - NHPBS Wildlife Journal Junior - Felidae - Cats, Cheetahs, Lions, Tigers, and Leopards - READ
- Grades 4-6 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Dragonfly TV - Tigers and Otters - VIEW and DO
- Grades 5-12 - NHPBS Video - Tigers: Clawing Back: A NATURE Short Film - VIEW
- Grades 5-12 - NHPBS Video - Nature - The Truth About Tiger Populations -VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Eons - The Story of Saberteeth - VIEW
THEME: KEN BURNS
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Ken Burns in the Classroom Collection - VIEW, READ, and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - Ken Burns Collection - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - The Television Academy - Ken Burns Interview - VIEW
National Remote Learning Resources
NHPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators. You can also create your own lessons and assignments to meet the needs of your students.
Searchable online video courses and interactives across the curriculum and grade levels in areas like chemistry, literature, music, the visual arts, social studies, world languages storytelling, spelling and lots more.
Everyday Scholastic will feature four learning experiences, built around a story or video.
A series of imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
Local Learning Resources
The best of NH learning resources from around the state.
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
New Hampshire Public Radio:
- Civics 101 - Tons of great (and free!) audio, activities, resources, and lessons to help you stay engaged with civics.
- Ask Sam - Ask Sam features Outside/In host Sam Evans-Brown answering listener questions about the mysteries and quirks of the natural world.
Seacoast Science Center in Odiorne Point State Park
- Learning Connection - Even though their doors are closed, we’re still here to connect you to the inspirational powers of nature and engage you in learning.
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Online Learning - Virtual Tours, the Virtual Classroom, artifacts of the week, featured items from the Collections, Horticulture Learning Center materials, and more.
Tiger Takes On
PBS Kids for Teachers/Caregivers/Parents
- PBS for Parents
A guide of PBS resources targeted for parents teaching kids, features a great activity finder
- PBS Education
The greatest teachers ignite a love of learning and a sense of possibility that motivates students to reach their full potential.
- PBS Teachers' Lounge
This site has great teaching tips, ideas, resources and support for teachers.
- PBS KIDS Games app
Offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere.