Friday, June 18, 2021
Today is International Picnic Day, National Cheesemakers Day, Autistic Pride Day, and International Sushi Day.
June is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month; National Oceans Month; National Rivers Month; and National Caribbean-American Heritage Month
Songs of the Day
Today's Theme: Autism, Cheesemaking, The War of 1812
ON THIS DATE
SONGS OF THE DAY
Paul McCartney - Live and Let Die - LISTEN
ABBA - Waterloo - LISTEN
Mamma Mia - Waterloo - LISTEN
- Grades PreK-1- Sesame Street - Meet Julia - VIEW
- Grades PreK-1 - Sesame Street - Play and Sing with Julia Collection - VIEW
- Grades PreK-adult - Sesame Street in Communities - Sesame Street and Autism Highlight Reel - VIEW
- Grades PreK-3 - Arthur - When Carl Met George - VIEW
- Grades 5-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Move to Include Collection - VIEW and READ
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - NOVA scienceNOW - Magic and Autism - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - MN Original - Devin Wildes: Artist - VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 6-adult - NHPBS Video - Making Our Way: Autism - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - POV - Swim Team - VIEW and DO
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS Video - Autism Behind the Camera - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS Video - Autism: Life on the Spectrum - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS Video - The Life Autistic Documentary - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Cheese by the Numbers .25 - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - The Science and Art of Cheese - VIEW and DO
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Wisconsin Cheesemakers - VIEW and DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - Feast TV - Say Cheese - VIEW
THEME: WAR OF 1812
- Grades 2-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - War of 1812 Collection -VIEW, READ, DO
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - The War of 1812 - VIEW
- Grades 6-12 - NHPBS Video - America from the Ground Up - The War of 1812 - VIEW
- Grades 9-12 - NHPBS LearningMedia - Primary Source Set: The War of 1812 - READ and VIEW
National Remote Learning Resources
NHPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators. You can also create your own lessons and assignments to meet the needs of your students.
Searchable online video courses and interactives across the curriculum and grade levels in areas like chemistry, literature, music, the visual arts, social studies, world languages storytelling, spelling and lots more.
Everyday Scholastic will feature four learning experiences, built around a story or video.
A series of imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
Local Learning Resources
The best of NH learning resources from around the state.
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
New Hampshire Public Radio:
- Civics 101 - Tons of great (and free!) audio, activities, resources, and lessons to help you stay engaged with civics.
- Ask Sam - Ask Sam features Outside/In host Sam Evans-Brown answering listener questions about the mysteries and quirks of the natural world.
Seacoast Science Center in Odiorne Point State Park
- Learning Connection - Even though their doors are closed, we’re still here to connect you to the inspirational powers of nature and engage you in learning.
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Online Learning - Virtual Tours, the Virtual Classroom, artifacts of the week, featured items from the Collections, Horticulture Learning Center materials, and more.
Tiger Takes On
PBS Kids for Teachers/Caregivers/Parents
- PBS for Parents
A guide of PBS resources targeted for parents teaching kids, features a great activity finder
- PBS Education
The greatest teachers ignite a love of learning and a sense of possibility that motivates students to reach their full potential.
- PBS Teachers' Lounge
This site has great teaching tips, ideas, resources and support for teachers.
- PBS KIDS Games app
Offers nearly 200 educational games, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere.